I seek the ninth level of power. And maybe an inexpensive hairbrush.About the author About this blog Categories Ask me anything
Today the USFA released an 11 page rules digest on changes to effect competition in the 2012-2013 season. I shuffled through all 40 new approved rules and dumbed them down to “What you need to know,” “Other key takeaways,” and the “Why the hell didn’t the USFA address this rule” category. Read on.
- Me: So, Julius Caesar walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a martinus.
- Sis: Oh no..
- Me: The bartender looks at him and goes,"Oh! You mean a martini."
- Me: "No," replied Caesar. "I only want one."
- Sis: ... What?
- Me: Noun declensions.
- #and then the bartender stabs him 23 times for being difficult
- At fencing practice, we do wall sits as part of our workout, and the tradition is to tell jokes while we are sitting to make the exercise less excruciating. This is one of the only jokes I ever remember, and I can never tell it because nobody wants to hear about noun declensions while their thighs are on fire.
- (I've also heard it told with the punchline "If I wanted a double, I would have asked for one," but there is no dual in Latin. I wonder how many other languages Caesar knew...)